Municipal Office Information:
Address: 3600 Lorraine Drive
Walworth, NY 14568
Telephone: (315) 986-1400 Fax: (315) 986-1440
Stormwater Management Program Coordinator:
Ph: (315) 986-1400 (press option 4)
Ph: (315) 986-1400 (press option 1)
Population: (2000) – 8,402
Area: 33.9 Square Miles
Walworth was settled in 1799 and became a town in 1829. Theron G. Yeomans (1815-1901), an agricultural innovator, introduced dwarf pear trees and Holstein-Friesian cattle into the area. He also became the first president of the Holstein-Friesian Association of America. Since the 1950s, Walworth has experienced significant suburban development. Gananda, a residential community with its own Central School District, opened in 1974. Between 1950 and 2000, the Town of Walworth’s population has increased by 260%.
Stormwater Management Activities:
- Town of Walworth maintains a website detailing their MS4 activities: www.townofwalworthny.gov/MS4.html.
- Town of Walworth regularly notifies the public of upcoming stormwater related activities. This can include household hazardous waste events, public reviews of construction proposals, and other educational events.
- Town of Walworth has mapped all of its storm drain outfalls.
- Planning Board and Town Engineer continually review Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans for compliance with Stormwater Phase II regulations.
- Post-construction stormwater features are inspected and maintained by the Town Highway Department.