Town of Walworth
Address: 3600 Lorraine Drive
Walworth, NY 14568
Telephone: (315) 986-1400 Fax: (315) 986-1440
Stormwater Management Program Coordinator:
Ph: (315) 986-1400 (press option 4)
Susie C. Jacobs
Ph: (315) 986-1400 (press option 1)
Population: (2010) – 9,449
Area: 33.9 Square Mile
Walworth was settled in 1799 and became a town in 1829. Theron G. Yeomans (1815-1901), an agricultural innovator, introduced dwarf pear trees and Holstein-Friesian cattle into the area. He also became the first president of the Holstein-Friesian Association of America. Since the 1950s, Walworth has experienced significant suburban development. Gananda, a residential community with its own Central School District, opened in 1974. Between 1950 and 2000, the Town of Walworth’s population has increased by 260%.
Stormwater Management Activities:
Town of Walworth maintains a website detailing their MS4 activities: www.townofwalworthny.gov/MS4.html.
Town of Walworth regularly notifies the public of upcoming stormwater related activities. This can include household hazardous waste events, public reviews of construction proposals, and other educational events.
Town of Walworth has mapped all of its storm drain outfalls.
Planning Board and Town Engineer continually review Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans for compliance with Stormwater Phase II regulations.
Post-construction stormwater features are inspected and maintained by the Town Highway Department.